Thursday, July 16, 2009

Storybook in Real Life

One of my favorite things to do with my daughter is go to the library. We've been trekking there weekly since she was about 6 months old. It was there that I was introduced to the charming book, "Make Way for Ducklings". At the time we were living in sunny AZ and I wasn't familiar at all with Boston's beautiful Public Gardens and Commons. This trip allowed that book to come to life for us: I even brought a copy of the book and we read it over and over: on the "T", in the park, and even on the duckling statue.

What a gorgeous setting fitting for this beautiful family. I don't think I've ever seen a cuter little "duckling" than this guy. He placed in a contest I did last fall and I was so excited to finally get to photograph him and his sweet parents. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a canvas wrap of one of these for my office...can you guess which one? Thanks so much "C" family - it was such a pleasure working with you!










3 comments:

Kelli Bramble said...

What a great session, JoDee! That boy is scrumptious!

Liz Yost said...

okay the photo where you picture the back of the boy looking onto his parents in the distance - is by far my FAVORITE picture I have EVER seen - keep that in mind if we ever can arrange a time for you to take our family photos!

Jenn said...

Great Boston sessions! This one is my favorite! I'm thinking of lots of ideas for a Boston shoot and am very excited. I also love the one of the boy watching his parents in the distance. Amazing.